Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Yay, Awakening of the Trailblazer... er whatever. Anyway, I got this kit a little while ago and just got around to putting it together mainly because I didn't know what I wanted to do with it. Originally I was going to do a digital camo pattern but didn't want to spend the money on the camo masks and various paints involved. So I got to thinking. I wanted to do something different with it still and then I remembered the Cherudim Saga. They basically took the Cherudim, made it greyscale and beefed it up a bit. As seen below.
Soooooo... I am going to attempt to make a Saga version of the Zabanya. I do enjoy the original design of the Zabanya despite it having some flaws in the eyes of many others (the "ass-fence"). Yeah, so I got a lot of it prepped and ready. I even got a few cosmetic mods on but I still have a lot to add. So here is where I'm at.
As for the no so popular shield bits, I ended up cutting the doubled ones apart which surprised in how easy it was to do so. All you have to do is cut down the middle and sand. Bandai must have figured out many of us would want all the bits to be separate, kudos on that.
You would also have to add some pla plate to make the knobs to attach them to the next piece, but I'm not going to do this cause I like this configuration:
As stated in the photo, I'm planning on adding some sort of weapon on the shield bits. I've got 4 like this to work with.
Well that's all for now. I might add a few more mods in the near future, but I wont get to painting until maybe after Christmas.