Monday, January 3, 2011

Resin Kits

So around Christmas I made the plunge and ordered a resin kit. I've been into building Gundam models since I was around 11. But it wasn't until a few months ago I realized the popularity of modifying and painting the kits. Around the same time I stumbled across Matt Tomczek's Blog, who for those of you who have seen his work know how awesome his resin kits are. I know resin kits are a bit different from the standard Bandai snap-fit models. I'd like to try my hand at it and see if I can make anything look decent. The reason I'm really interested in them is the variety of variant models. Because resin kits aren't made by Bandai some models have design differences from the originals, often looking a lot better in my opinion. I just wanted to share some of my favorite resin kits that I have come across. I'll have another post on the kit I ordered when I get it.

Just click on the images if you're interested in learning more about the models.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...