Friday, January 14, 2011

Resin Haul...

So today I got a package, if you read the title of this post, you may have an idea of what that may be. So here it is. Lets open it up...


So, I got some new tupperware.... Okay, its actually E2046's AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra. I ordered this around Christmas because I've been really inspired to try out a resin kit lately. Since this one was pretty affordable I took the leap and bought it. Again, since this is a brand new process to me I also chose a kit that I liked but wouldn't mind screwing up should I suck at build resins. Anyway, lets take a look inside.


It came with this photo of the finished kit, which is great reference. Although I got to say I won't be painting this that odd pink, maybe red but we'll see. Sorry the image is a bit blurry, I added and more detailed photo of the upper body to help you get the idea.



First page of the instructions is a check list of all the pieces. I read on Matt Tomczek's blog that he checks all the pieces before starting and figured it would be a good habit to get into. I did go through and saw that every piece was accounted for and I'd recommend doing so if you intend to get into this sort of thing.



Next page is the actual instructions. At first I thought there'd be more but I realized the put instructions for one arm and one leg. Makes sense, if I build one I should be able to build the second. Definitely different from your standard Bandai snap fit instructions. Hope I can pull this off.




Last page is a photo of all the pieces lined up. I ended up using this to help check all the pieces.



And finally the resin pieces of course. They're fairly detailed and I didn't see any major problems with any of them. So hopefully this build will go smoothly.



I think this will really look nice once it's together and painted. Unfortunately, this is at the tail end of my to-do-list. I don't think I'll get started with this until late in the year. As soon as I get some progress to show I'll be sure to share. Until then....

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice resin kit, I'm curious at the result... Ok I'll wait till then. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have missed this post...

    Nice kit, I love non-gundams designs!

    I was just wondering what kind of texture does resin have? is it just like plastic or as fragile as maybe plaster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well first, I am assuming that where you purchase the kits may have different textures, do to different types of resin used. The kit I have has a slightly... "scratchy" texture, but very subtle. It will probably get nice and smooth after some primer and paint. The pieces are semi flexible, they're not brittle. I'll have more info once I really start this guy. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a nice resin kit bro ehe i'm planning on getting 1 or a conversion but wanna get a new airbrush 1st =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds cool Ex-Mecha. Hope i can get my hands on some nicer paint equipment by the time I start this guy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...